Reference ID: tac-1-327c1-d9e5782642
Location: Corporate Centre
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE – FENTON, MO
Reports to: George Weston, Warehouse Manager
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for the overall preparation of items for shipment, as well as verifying and maintaining records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Overtime is mandatory for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Packs, seals, labels and affixes proper postage to items being shipped; these actions may require the use of hand tools, power tools, postage meter, computer and other similar devices.
- Examines contents and compares with records (such as manifests or orders) to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Records shipment data such as weight, charges, space availability, damages & discrepancies, etc., for record-keeping purposes
- Determines shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, route and rates
- Contacts carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials
- Pulls shipment from pick ticket
- Communicates with established representatives to resolve problems such as damages, shortages, nonconformance to specifications, etc.
- Delivers or routes materials to departments using work devices such as hand-truck conveyor, sorting bins or fork truck
- Requisitions and stores shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- High School Diploma, or GED
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years’ experience of work-related skill, knowledge or related experience
- 2 years’ forklift experience, preferred
- OSHA certification, preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Able to lift 40 lbs repeatedly, as well as bend, stoop, twist, pull, walk, stretch, reach and lift over head
- Must exhibit a positive attitude, team spirit, cooperation and willingness to learn
If you are interested, or you would like to refer someone you believe would be an appropriate fit for this position, please contact me at email@example.com.