Reference ID: tac-6-a7e03-f676eeb783
Location: Nancy's Notions
The Product Manager researches, recommends and buys product to support the company’s marketing and merchandising strategies across all channels.
- Present and recommend new products, based upon trends, analysis and merchandising concepts, to support the business strategies within the company’s direct mail, internet and retail store channels
- Attend key trade and consumer shows within industry to find new products and trends
- Order samples and collect information on potential products at trade shows /events
- Analyze and report on trends impacting the sewing, quilting, embroidery and fabric consumer
- Participate in initial product reviews and other key meetings throughout the merchandising process
- Negotiate and communicate product pricing with vendors and artists
- Recommend selling price for products
- Review new product opportunities against the company and brand’s selection criteria
- Manager and build strong vendor relationships to explore new product opportunities and gain learning on trends within the industry
- High School Diploma required.
- 1-2 years of experience with product management/buying preferred.
- Ability to analyze situations and use deductive reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Strong attention to detail and consistency in work.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive environment.
- Professional demeanor handling changes in an appropriate manner.
- Knowledge of quilting and sewing
Position: Full time