Reference ID: tac-6-ae951-4203a0b649
Location: Nancy's Notions
This position is responsible for selling machines and merchandise to help achieve the yearly sales of the Retail Store. Along with providing excellent customer service, this position works directly with the consumer providing support, advice and knowledge on the products offered in the store.
- Acts as the first point of contact for all customers who visit the retail store greeting them and providing assistance as needed.
- Operate the cash register to complete sales transactions correctly distributing change as needed.
- Restock shelves or displays when needed to ensure visibility and availability of product.
- Places special orders for customers who cannot find what they need in the store.
- Makes suggestions to customers in order to sell machines and cabinets.
- Assists customers by cutting and measuring fabric per their request.
- Train new sales staff as needed by management.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- 1-2 years’ retail sales or customer service experience preferred.
- Sewing product knowledge and/or fabrics experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time