Product Design Engineer Ii
Reference ID: tac-1-07f98-c3e8a3f929
Location: Corporate Centre
The Product Design Engineer II will be responsible for designing and developing new products/product families or improvements to existing products. Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel. Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications and/or designs as necessary. Researches and evaluates products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability. Coordinates with other engineering staff to complete projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates 3d geometry and complete specifications for new machines and components
- Creates 2d drawings of new and existing parts and assemblies
- Creates prototypes during the various stages of the development process
- Contributes to creation of engineering discipline documents (DFMEA, DVP&R, XBOM).
- Creates new concepts for products that will meet the needs of our customers
- Identifies creative & innovative improvements to existing products to maximize the value to the customer
- In collaboration with the certification manager, certifies new and existing products to various national & international standards such as UL and CE
- Gathers supporting documentation regarding the certification of components
- Manages & executes engineering change requests for existing & new products
- Creates new parts & methods of manufacturing in ERP system
- Ensures all appropriate departments are updated with product changes & new product requests
- Answers technical questions asked by other departments
- Partners with manufacturing to identify & implement process improvements
- Prepares cost estimates & feasibility analysis for new product ideas
- Assists Production/Quality/ME with drawing changes and/or updates as required
- BS in mechanical or electrical engineering (or related field)
- Specific knowledge & skills
- Demonstrated competency in floor care product design
- Working knowledge of product design principles for various manufacturing processes including: rotational molding, injection molding, general machining practices, stamping etc.
- Strong 3d modeling skills (ProE Creo or SolidWorks preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Powerpoint.
- General knowledge of tolerancing and tolerance stack-ups
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Ability to understand, analyze and troubleshoot product designs
- Proven ability to plan, schedule, coordinate & prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to fully comprehend the spoken and written English language required, ability to speak Spanish and/or Mandarin a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in product design & development
- Normal office environment
- Some travel may be required
- May require overtime
The position may require but is not limited to lifting up to 50 lbs periodically, bending, stooping, twisting, stretching, walking, reaching and lifting over the head.