Reference ID: tac-1-88663-38b99e26f0
Location: Corporate Centre
The Operations Manager is responsible for monitoring and analyzing the system of production within the fulfillment, purchasing and merchandising functions. This individual supervises these areas of the organization, presenting findings to higher management along with training and measuring staff performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, specifically merchandising, purchasing and fulfillment operations.
- Responsible for the successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures within the assigned business units.
- Participate in long-term planning, including initiatives geared towards operational excellence.
- Improves the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organizational goals.
- Improves procurement and promotional processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Oversees product selection based on market and trend analysis to include price negotiation, inventory management and supply chain goals.
- Monitor development and performance of direct reports.
- Enforces safety rules & regulations
- Directs activities of business to adhere to plan & budget
- Works closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems following through with implementation.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Focus on quality assurance to align with organization’s goals and expectations
- Manages excess and dead inventory projects
- Maintains components as directed by ECO process
- Plans work assignments and equipment allocations to meet transportation, operations and/or production goals
- Oversight of orders, production schedules and shipping/receiving notices to determine work sequences and material shipping dates, types, volumes and destinations
- Recommends and implements measures to improve staff motivations, equipment performance, work methods and customer service
- Manages all warehouse equipment (lifts, turrets, riders, rf guns, printers, PC’s, etc.)
- Supervises and motivates all associates entrusted to them, as well as trains new associates on various processes and procedures
- Helps coordinate cycle counts/physical inventories by organizing counters and ensuring all day entry is completed accurately and timely; ensures effective cycle-count program
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel & Word
- Effective supervisory and communication skills
- Familiarity with personal computers and material-handling equipment is essential
- Strong decision-making and coaching skills
- Must be able detail-oriented and able to multi-task, re-prioritize and adapt to stressful situations and tight deadlines
- A minimum of 5 years’ management experience
- A minimum of 3 years in a fulfillment/distribution environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or a minimum of 5 years’ work-related skill, knowledge or experience
- APICS Certification a plus
- Exposed to a light manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds