Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reference ID: tac-1-e89cb-1f4b4c14de
Location: Corporate Centre
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for the timely collection and resolution of outstanding accounts receivable.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reduce outstanding AR by contacting customers by phone, email and mail to collect past due invoices
- Work within established credit limits and make decisions on holding/releasing orders to minimize risk while supporting sales goals. Negotiate and manage payments plans as needed.
- Build professional relationships with customers to understand potential barriers to timely payment
- Work with customers, sales and customer service to research and resolve account discrepancies
- Respond to customer inquiries and document incoming and outgoing customer communications
- Maintain working knowledge of credit department policy and procedures
- Minimum of 2 years previous collection experience
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong phone and written communication skills
- Must have excellent follow up and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage high volume, meet goals and adhere to deadlines