Lead Design Engineer
Reference ID: tac-1-f6d8b-2ce8a715ac
Location: Corporate Centre
Research and Development Engineering comprises the investigation, evaluation and potential application to product development, requiring broad technical engineering knowledge. Under limited direction, perform a variety of complex engineering assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of a specific engineering discipline plus an understanding of related disciplines to cost effectively achieve objectives. Assignments typically require the use of advanced and innovative techniques.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research of literature to understand current cleaning industry and identified trends up to and including University projects
- Develop strategy and internal systems to promote and drive development of next innovative products
- Establish visual brand language, design standards and brand identity with marketing for each brand
- Conduct competitive benchmarking of targeted products
- Drive innovation roadmap that results in the development of new or refined technologies, products, materials, processes, and/or equipment, to strengthen Tacony’s position in key strategic areas
- Develop lean assembly scores and tracking (quantitative methods & selection)
- Develop innovation & concept selection process (quantitative methods & selection)
- Successfully complete engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigation, and report preparation.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of alternative engineering processes, products, or equipment.
- Coordinate IP, Leading and Work Arounds, Risk, NDA’s, NCA’s
- Interfaces with customers/users to identify needs and to obtain feedback on concepts and performance of new devices and to translate customer needs into product concepts.
- Actively participating in product tollgate review s to ensure incorporation of VBL, road maps and innovation
- Implement IDS system to track, rank and bank innovations and set up reward system to reward employees for ideas that become patented
- Implement formal on-site/on-line focus group/VOC research with central data storage
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technical or related field and/or 10-15 years of innovation, engineering or product development experience.
Ability to work under pressure and complete projects within established timeline.
Proven ability to establish processes and development toward innovation
Experience working with Epicor
SharePoint & Microsoft Project experience preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand to communicate with partners in other regions. Occasional overnight travel is expected for this position.
While this is largely a sedentary role, the employee frequently is required to stand or walk. This may require the ability to lift up to 50 lbs as necessary.