Reference ID: tac-2-20690-420307c437
Location: Powr-Flite, CFR and Tornado
The Technical Writer is responsible for creating and organizing Operation Manuals of the CFC machines produced by Tacony Corporation in accordance with customer and company requirements for the implementation, maintenance & sustainment. This role involves working with the Sr. Technical Writer and Engineering to develop/update manuals and product schematics.
Duties and responsibilities
- Complete writing assignment according to set standards, regarding order clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Create, edit, standardize, or make changes to existing product manuals as required to support New Product Development, current products enhancements and/or quality changes
- Review publish materials for accuracy, make revisions or changes in scope, format content and methods of reproduction if necessary.
- Review / select and correct photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate materials.
- Proficient technical writing skills and able to produce written communications that are concise
- Provide hands on training for the sales, technical support and service departments
- Maintain the online parts database; adding/removing part numbers and parts information
- Hands on involvement in the accessing the product realization and conformance to performance and aesthetic requirements
- Recommend improvements to procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety.
- Qualified candidate should possess a college degree. A BS degree in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Management, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Previous work -related skill knowledge, or experience with the products / machines
- Computer skills InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive attitude and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 2 years as a technical writer
Fast-paced environment, with some level of distractions. May work around machinery, assembly lines, and test equipment
The physical demands are moderate lifting, setting up inspection stations, lifting and manipulating parts and use of 4+ pounds inspection gages.