Product Manager, Aftermarket Products
Reference ID: tac-2-6a595-5ce337486a
Location: Powr-Flite, CFR and Tornado
We are currently seeking to hire an Aftermarket Product Manager to join our team and improve customer support, covering current and new product introduction of aftermarket products. This individual will be an important part of developing Tacony after-market strategies to exceed customer expectations and drive growth in the Aftermarket channel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, acquire and manage serviceable inventory across the commercial product lines
- Achieve an appropriate inventory parts mix to optimize sales and profit while leading improvement in inventory turnover
- Partner with product management, purchasing and sales team members to develop serviceable part inventory forecasts
- Determine the selling price and, complete all steps in new product development related to after-market part strategy including recommended stocking parts, consumables and price lists
- Verifies that ERP data is identified and loaded for all parts
- Develop strategic plans that enable Tacony to grow our business/market share for aftermarket parts and improve our competitive advantage
- Lead and establish process to burn down current inventory levels while fully supporting market requirements
- Lead the Excess and Obsolete process in concert with equipment product managers, sales, purchasing & finance to mitigate write-off risk and identify sales opportunities
- Utilize ERP system (Epicor) to identify and select parts to overhaul
- Execute regular analysis of each product line performance against financial goals and provide feedback to sales and product managers
- Maintain aftermarket product line catalog information and cross-references and manage ERP (Epicor) information (cross references, product description, application information, etc.) for online and print product content
- Continually search for new products to add, by talking with suppliers, reviewing publications, and knowing what the competition is selling, to insure competitive position in the aftermarket space
- Develop engineering and product manager contacts with our suppliers to help find and release the products needed to complete our product offerings
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering or marketing-related discipline
- Experience in working with tools and methodologies specific to financial analysis including gross margin analysis and variance reporting
- Knowledge of ERP System Experience. Preferably Epicor.
- 5-10 years of proven experience in financial analysis, product management or inventory management which includes some combination of forecasting and budgeting, product strategy determination, financial analysis, pricing analysis and/or supplier development
This job operates in a professional office environment. This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional overnight travel is expected for this position.
May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.