Manager, Project Management
Reference ID: tac-2-87f82-ba848610c1
Location: Powr-Flite, CFR and Tornado
Directs and oversees corporate project management to ensure projects meet organization goals and requirements. Develops, implements and maintains NPD/VAVE processes and policies, directs project management staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects. Manages and coordinates both product development and VAVE projects as defined by the organization.
The Project Management Manager is responsible for leading the project management team to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, and financials and adheres to stage gate guidelines throughout the full development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coach and develop a team of project managers to manage portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Establish practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Manage major NPD projects
- Owns the New Product development and VAVE process and drives maturity in the process across the organization
- Provide leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Develop and deliver status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across all levels of leadership within the organization
- Set and continually manage project expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline by escalating issues at the appropriate time to reduce/minimize impact to projects
- Manage day to day activities, maintaining and reporting performance reviews and driving project deliverables across multiple departments
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technical or related field or Associate’s degree and equivalent experience in product development (10+ years)
- PMP certification preferred or ability to get certification within 1 year
- Minimum of 10 years of project management, engineering or product development experience.
- Ability to coach and develop other project managers.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down various functions throughout the organization and business units.
- Excellent communication, organization, time-management and leadership skills
- Extensive understanding of managing multiple projects utilizing standard principles, methods and techniques
- SharePoint & Microsoft Project experience preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional overnight travel is expected for this position.
While this is largely a sedentary role, the employee frequently is required to stand or walk. This may require the ability to lift up to 50 lbs as necessary.