Reference ID: tac-4-4b6cf-fb0d8528ca
Location: Powr-Flite, CFR and Tornado
The Operations Manager is responsible for monitoring and analyzing the system of production within the fulfillment, purchasing and merchandising functions. This individual supervises these areas of the organization, presenting findings to higher management along with training and measuring staff performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, specifically purchasing and customer order efficiencies.
- Responsible for the successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures within the assigned business unit.
- Participate in long-term planning, including initiatives geared towards operational excellence.
- Improves the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organizational goals.
- Improves procurement processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Monitor development and performance of Production manager, Inventory Control associate and quality manager.
- Enforces safety rules & regulations
- Directs activities of business to adhere to plan & budget
- Works closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems following through with implementation.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Focus on quality assurance to align with organization’s goals and expectations
- Manages excess and dead inventory projects
- Maintains components as directed by ECO process
- Plans work assignments and equipment allocations to meet transportation, operations and/or production goals
- Recommends and implements measures to improve staff motivations, equipment performance, work methods and customer service
- Helps coordinate cycle counts/physical inventories by organizing counters and ensuring all day entry is completed accurately and timely; ensures effective cycle-count program
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel & Word
- Effective supervisory and communication skills
- Familiarity with personal computers and material-handling equipment is essential
- Strong decision-making and coaching skills
- Must be able detail-oriented and able to multi-task, re-prioritize and adapt to stressful situations and tight deadlines
- A minimum of 5 years’ management experience
- A minimum of 3 years in a fulfillment/distribution environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or a minimum of 5 years’ work-related skill, knowledge or experience
- APICS Certification a plus
This position will have direct reports.