Reference ID: tac-4-6b9f8-09ad91df6e
Location: Powr-Flite, CFR and Tornado
The Merchandiser is accountable for developing and maintaining print and digital merchandising best practices and strategies to help deliver an optimal customer shopping experience that will drive sales and profits in an omnichannel environment for Powr-Flite.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement best practices in all areas of site merchandising to increase sales, profit, conversion and customer experience. Strive to be best-in-class in site-merchandising.
- Partner with manager and creative team to develop and execute print catalog plans.
- Manage all aspects of the merchandise status process from product build to go-live. Partner with vendors and internal teams to ensure all product is launched on the website in a timely manner.
- Maintain high level of integrity by ensuring images, descriptions, pricing, are accurate. Ongoing proofing of all copy and images in multiple mediums (web, catalog, e-mail).
- Partner with internal teams to ensure all items have cross-sells, correct assortments, specifications and copy points.
- Merchandise/categorize all promotions – catalog, web site, e-mail, and clearance to drive customers into relevant product categories.
- Partner with product team on sales projections for web and catalog product.
- Manage invoicing and costs with vendors and internal finance team.
- Use reporting tools to analyze sales, web analytics and other metrics to help drive best practices.
- Be an expert on the competition – pricing, web sites, and assortment. Leverage learnings to improve customer shopping experience.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness.
To execute the job duties of our Merchandiser you must be able to perform each and every one of the above essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passionate about driving results by always striving to improve the customer experience
- High level of initiative, flexibility and ability to self-direct
- Proficient in excel and other project management tools
- Experience with Ecommerce platforms; Magento experience a plus
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines with accurate and detailed results
- Ability to work in a team environment and to partner cross functionally
- Ability to multi task with a high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills with a passion to drive results
- Willingness to dive into details and help out wherever necessary
- Flexibility to work overtime
Education and experience:
- BA degree in merchandising, marketing or related business field
- 2+ years of experience in retail is preferred
Job descriptions are dynamic and frequently modified. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at any given time as both the business dictates and the functions of the job change