Supplier Quality Engineer
Reference ID: tac-5-d509f-1132e5cdac
Location: Powr-Flite, CFR and Tornado
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible and accountable for delivering effective methods and initiating improvements that will drive and improve overall quality performance reducing quality escapes to the field. The SQE will investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects. Will collaborate with various functions to assure compliance and continuous improvement; this includes communication within the company and with suppliers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate, and timely, corrective actions are implemented.
- Develop and implement procedures and systems necessary to promote continuous improvement of product and to support departmental goals.
- Work with various Suppliers to facilitate supplier corrective action, evaluation, development and communication of quality improvement plans and metrics.
- Review and assess Supplier Production Part Approval Process Submissions including Dimensional Layouts, Material Certifications, Control Plans, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Capability and Gage Studies.
- Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule.
- Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD (Past due), DPPM and waste.
- Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals to drive “Zero Defect” mentality.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances.
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting Tacony requirements. Projects may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6‐Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technical or related field
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP, etc. preferred
- Quality certification a plus
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision
This job operates in a professional office environment. This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand to communicate with partners in other regions.
Overnight travel (35%+) is expected for this position.
The employee frequently is required to stand or walk. This may require the ability to lift up to 50 lbs as necessary.