Reference ID: tac-8-4fdb1-30045d77c8
The Production Manager is responsible for determining priorities and provide overall direction of facility activities; plan, direct, and coordinate operational activities at the daily level of management with the help of subordinate managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Plant Manager to plan and direct the daily activities of the factory and distribution centers, and coordinate the functions of the supporting departments, to ensure quality, delivery and other business objectives are consistently achieved
- Analyzes operations to evaluate performance of company and staff and identify areas of cost reduction and program improvement.
- Coordinates and oversees operational activities (production, procurement, distribution) for optimal production and increased efficiency
- Delegates various responsibilities to appropriate subordinates.
- Evaluates current programs, makes modifications where needed, and participates in preparation and presentation of new programs, ideas, and products
- Establishes internal control procedures
- Presides over management committees
- Approves contracts with suppliers and distributors, as well as maintenance, janitorial and security providers.
- Facilitates in-service training of materials staff.
- Supports the Plant Manager in various HR functions (hiring, disciplinary actions, terminations, etc.)
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Must be able to work effectively in a team
- Must have proven leadership skills
- Must have a positive attitude, be flexible and be able to multi-task and re-prioritize tasks
- Lean manufacturing experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or CPIM designation