Production Planning and Inventory Control Analyst
Reference ID: tac-9-86087-2d484b5e1f
The Production Planning and Inventory Control Analyst ensures on-time delivery targets are achieved while managing targeted inventory levels. In conjunction with production planning, also responsible for procuring and managing material inventory. In collaboration with the Operations, Sales, Purchasing and Engineering teams, works to plan, organize, monitor and control the flow of materials into, through and out of manufacturing. Responsible for monitoring and executing replenishment strategies which support production. Emphasis is placed on analyzing the current and planned production sequences to maximize throughput and provide an excellent customer experience. Responsible for manufacturing inventory management, manufacturing material inventory, monitoring and executing replenishment strategies, SKU transitions, maintaining network balance through parameters, and collaborating with internal and external cross functional partners.
Duties and responsibilities
Production Planning and Material Procurement
- Ensure on-time, in full delivery of products to customers and maintain good internal communication to Sales, BU, and Strategic Marketing for production plan and buffer stock strategy alignment.
- Responsible for balancing duties to ensure customer on-time deliveries and inventory optimization, work with factory planning team to ensure MPS is met while maintaining efficient factory loading and scheduling
- Production Category lead for Daily Review & Response Process, in conjunction with Customer Service and Transportation (others as needed)
- Maintain awareness of production schedule attainment through system reporting and personal interaction with cross functional leads to ensure that production is on plan per schedule.
- Provide visibility to critical supply planning or production issues, including escalation to management while providing development and implementation of mitigation and recovery plan
- Maintain data integrity in systems to facilitate efficient inventory and capacity management, customer service, and operational metrics
- Day-to-day owner of supplier relationships: Price List, Part Integrity, Contracts, Capacity analysis, and additional responsibilities as needed and communicates changes cross-functionally for full transparency of business impact
- Analyzes inventory levels to maintain inventory integrity and minimum service levels. Creates processes to support data integrity
- Work with project management and operations teams on the strategic buffer strategy and conduct regular review process; maintain strategic inventory buffer target in MRP system for supply chain to execute
- Analyzes surplus/excess Inventory across the system. Leads and assists with various duties associated with measuring and maintaining an accurate inventory within all supply chain work groups
- Actively participate in continuous improvement efforts targeted at increasing business impact, reliability, and efficiency related to reporting and data analysis
- Lead or participate on special projects as required
- 2+ years in a Planning, Materials, or Operations environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong understanding of managing cost, customers and supplier relationships
- Ability to problem solve and creatively develop solutions
Normal office conditions.
May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time